We'd like to introduce you to the Texas Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Society (TAAIS) - a group of over 270 board certified allergists/immunologists in Texas whose goal is to promote the practice of allergy, asthma and immunology in the state through educational programs, publications and membership interaction. TAAIS also works closely with the Asthma Coalition of Texas, American Lung Association and Texas Department of Health to promote new asthma initiatives and asthma legislation in Texas.
TAAIS membership benefits include:
- - Continuing medical education meetings geared to allergists/immunologists, primary care physicians and primary care residents across Texas
- - Lobbying efforts on your behalf to pass favorable legislation regarding the field of allergy and immunology
- - Access to support with reconciling third-party reimbursement, coding, and managed care issues
- - Publications including a subscription to Allergy and Asthma Proceedings and TAAIS Annual Newsletter
- - Support of public education projects, summer asthma camps for children, and the TAAIS web site
On a broader scale, the TAAIS strives to improve the care of patients suffering from allergic and asthmatic disorders, promote patient and physician education on allergic and asthmatic disorders, and increase the awareness among physicians and the general public alike about the subspecialty of allergy and immunology.
Information below explaining categories of membership available by application is excerpted from the Bylaws. Active, Associate or Affiliate membership shall be gained by submitting a completed application to the Secretary/Treasurer for evaluation by the Credentials Committee and must indicate sponsorship by two Active Members. Applicants approved by the Credentials Committee and by the Board of Directors shall be elected to membership by a majority of the Active and Emeritus Members in attendance at any annual or special meeting of the membership or by mail. Honorary Members may be nominated by an Active Member. An Associate Member may apply for Active membership.
Eligibility for Active membership shall require one or more of the following qualifications:
Active (Dues $225.00)
- - Board Certification by the American Board of Allergy and Immunology
- - Fellowship in the American Academy of Allergy and Immunology or American College of Allergy and Immunology
- - Special qualifications deemed desirable by the Board of Directors and approved by the majority vote of the membership
Eligibility for Associate membership can be at one of the following levels and shall require one or more of the following qualifications:
Associate 1 (Dues $0.00)
- Physicians in training programs or who have completed training programs approved by the ACGME in allergy and immunology. Dues will be waived during allergy fellowship and for one year after completion of fellowship as the physician transitions into practice.
Associate 2 (Dues $225.00)
- Physicians in related fields of practice, such as Infectious Diseases, Rheumatology, Pulmonology, and Otolaryngology.
Associate 3 (Dues $225.00)
- Immunologists, Bacteriologists, Mycologists, and the like who do not possess a degree of Doctor of Medicine, but are desired for membership in the Society.
Eligibility for Affiliate membership shall require one or more of the following qualifications:
Affiliate (Dues $50.00)
- - Nurses and other practitioners (LVNs, LPNs, RNs, PAs, etc.) involved in the practice of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology under the direct supervision of an Active TAAIS member physician.
- - Technical or administrative personnel who participate in the practice of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology by research activities or support to an Active TAAIS member physician.
- - Please print or type the application and answer all questions fully.
- - Enclose check for dues payment payable to TAAIS with your application.
- - Mail application, ABAI certificate or verification of training and check for dues payment to:
- Texas Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Society
- P.O. Box 300475
- Austin, TX 78703-0008